[Solution] - How To Enable Hindi Font Display On Android Devices
Rooting your android devices offers many benefits and comes highly recommended for enabling custom hacks and tweaks, Google Android 2.3.3 does not support non-english UTF-8 scripts like Devanagari by default but luckily if you rooted your device we can simply hack the operating-system to install custom fonts and enable display of languages like Hindi in default system applications.
Posted below are the download links and step-by-step instructions how to enable Hindi display support on Google Android 2.3.3.
- For this hack to work you must have a rooted android device, if not, follow Android rooting guides for your device at - http://www.megaleecher.net/taxonomy/term/11019.
- Download and install any root file-explorer on your device (enabling you to access core system files and replace them eg. root explorer) - https://market.android.com/search?q=Root+Explorer&so=1&c=apps
- Download and save these hindi font files to your device - DroidHindi.ttf and DroidSansFallback.ttf.
- Now copy these two font files to /system/fonts/ on your android device using root file-explorer, replace any file if asked for.
- Reboot your android device and now Hindi font display should be working as expected on native browser and other native applications.