Upgrading MAC OS X To Latest MAC OS X 10.7 Lion For Free
Apple recently released their new major update to Mac OS X desktop operating system as "Mac OS X v 10.7 Lion", thankfully if you are on a older Mac OS X and qualify for the free "OS X Lion Up to Date Program" here is how to grab the upgrade to Mac OS X Lion free of cost from "The Mac App Store" worth US$29.99 normally.
OS X Lion is the next major release of OS X, the world’s most advanced desktop operating system. It includes over 250 new features that will transform how you interact with your Mac. Tap, swipe, and scroll your way through your apps using fluid Multi-Touch gestures that make everything you do feel more natural and direct. Full-screen apps take advantage of every pixel of your display — perfect for reading email, surfing the web, or browsing photos. Launchpad gives you instant access to all the apps on your Mac in a stunning new layout where you can quickly find any app and open it with a single click. And Mission Control brings together Exposé, full-screen apps, Dashboard, and Spaces in one unified experience. With a gesture, your desktop zooms out, displaying a bird’s-eye view of everything running on your Mac and making it easy to navigate anywhere with a click.
• Fluid and realistic animations make gestures feel natural and direct.
• Tap or pinch to zoom in on text and images.
• Swipe left or right to move from one page to another in an app or switch from one full-screen app to another.
• Swipe up to enter Mission Control.
• Pinch to access Launchpad.
• A new full-screen button takes an app window full screen.
• Run multiple full-screen apps at the same time.
• Switch between full-screen apps and your desktop with a gesture.
• Apps stay full screen when you switch to another app.
• OS X Lion includes full-screen Mail, Safari, Preview, iCal, FaceTime, Dashboard, Screen Sharing, and Photo Booth.
• Brings together Exposé, full-screen apps, Dashboard, and desktop spaces.
• Gives you a bird’s-eye view of everything running on your Mac, allowing you to navigate anywhere with a click.
• Exposé view shows all open windows on your desktop grouped by application.
• Create and organize desktop spaces in Mission Control.
• A new home for all the apps on your Mac.
• Apps downloaded from the Mac App Store automatically appear in Launchpad.
• Launchpad automatically adds pages to accommodate all your apps.
• Apps can be organized on multiple pages and grouped in folders.
• The widescreen layout displays the message list and selected email side by side in full-height columns.
• The favorites bar gives you one-click access to your favorite mail folders.
• Search suggestions dynamically present the best matches for your search.
• Search tokens help refine search results based on people, subjects, mailboxes, dates, and attachments.
• Conversations automatically groups related messages, displaying them in chronological order and hiding repetitive quoted text.
Other great Lion features
• Auto Save automatically saves your changes as you go, so you never have to worry about losing your work.
• Versions keeps a history of your document as you work and presents it in a timeline you can browse.
• Resume reopens an app exactly as you left it.
• AirDrop is the simplest way to send files to anyone around you, wirelessly — no setup or special settings required.
• Reading List in Safari lets you easily save web pages to read or browse later.
Some features require an Apple ID and/or compatible Internet access; additional fees and terms apply.
Some features require apps developed to work with Lion.
Gestures require a Multi-Touch trackpad or Magic Mouse (some gestures are not available on Magic Mouse).
AirDrop is supported on the following Mac models: MacBook Pro (late 2008 or newer), MacBook Air (late 2010 or newer), MacBook (late 2008 or newer), iMac (early 2009 or newer), Mac mini (mid 2010 or newer), Mac Pro (early 2009 with AirPort Extreme card and mid 2010 or newer).
You must qualify for the free upgrade program subject to this condition :
"Customers who purchase a qualifying new Mac Computer or an Apple Certified Refurbished computer from the Apple Online Store on or after July 21, 2011 that does not include OS X Lion can upgrade to OS X Lion for free. If you purchased your computer from the Apple Online Store, an Apple Retail Store, or an Apple Authorized Reseller, follow one of these links to participate in the program. Remember your completed order must be entered within 30 days of the date of your purchase of a qualifying computer (described in this offer). Subject to terms and conditions."
If you qualify the above condition follow the steps below to get started.
- Goto "OS X Lion Hardware Up-to-Date Program" page - https://uptodate.apple.com/us/uptodate/macosx/, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the online application.
- Once completed you will be provided with a "Claim Reference" number and will receive the "Mac App Store Redemption" code via email.
- You will receive an email with your MAC OS X Lion redemption code from the Mac AppStore within few days after validation.
- Now follow the instructions provided in the email and redeem the code to download your free copy from Mac App Store.
- Launch the "Mac App Store" and click the "redeem" option.
- Enter the redemption code when asked to complete the process.
- The Mac OS X Lion will start downloading and progress will get updated in the dock.