Acrobat PDF files can be protected using passwords to restrict access to the file itself or certain functions like editing, copying or printing. However in many situations the owner himself forgets the password resulting in an unaccessible document, for such cases there exist several PDF password recovery\cracking software's but most of them are commercial and you need to pay for them. But don't worry we have found something free for you, "PDFCrack" is a open-source command line utility for Linux and Windows to crack PDF passwords with ease, the software uses wordlist and brute force password cracking methods to get its work done.
- Supports the standard security handler (revision 2 and 3) on all known PDF-versions
- Supports cracking both owner and userpasswords
- Both word lists and brute forcing the password is supported
- Simple permutations (currently only trying first character as Upper Case)
- Save/Load a running job
- Simple benchmarking
- Optimized search for owner-password when user-password is known