Installing And Configuring Google Android 4.3 x86 On VirtualBox For Better Performance
The quick and dirty Google Android 4.3 installation instructions for Windows shared earlier were not perfect and resulted in slow performance. Free virtualization utility Virtualbox offers an superior alternative to QEMU based virtualization used in the previous approach offering much superior working experience and performance benefits. Here's a complete picture-guide to get Google Android 4.3 x86 working in Windows using Oracle VirtualBox.
- Download and install free Virtualbox utility.
- Download and save the Androidx86 ISO file locally.
- Start Virtualbox and create a new virtual machine using the settings shown below.
- Make sure you remove the default IDE connector and use SATA as shown below. Also, make sure to attach the above downloaded ISO as CD-ROM and enable booting from it.
- Now start the virtual appliance and setup as shown below.
- Once installed reboot and make sure we boot from Disk and not CR-ROM anymore.
- Once booted the initial setup screen will get loaded and you can proceed as instructed.
- We also have access to Google Playas shown below.
If the "mouse pointer" is not working inside VM, just go to “Machine” and choose “Disable Mouse Integration” inside VirtualBox menu.