Launching Google Chrome Incognito Window By Default
We have shared tips on how to launch Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox in private browsing mode by default, today I will be sharing a simple trick to start Google Chrome in private browsing Incognito mode by default.
Latest beta builds of Google Chrome now supports a new incognito mode command-line switch, to create a shortcut based on this simply follow the steps as follows:
- Update Google Chrome browser to latest BETA build, see instructions here.
- Right-click the Google Chrome shortcut and copy the full-string from Target textbox.
- Right-click on Desktop, Click New -> Shortcut
- Paste the copied link from first-step, appending --incognito as shown below and click Next.
- Type in a name of your choice for the shortcut, eg. "Incognito" and click Finish.
- Using this shortcut will launch Google Chrome Incognito mode for private web-browsing.