Step by step guide to upgrade Apple iPhone to iOS 6.1 and jailbreaking it using evasi0n
Submitted by admin on Tue, 02/05/2013 - 02:34
We have now both the Apple iOS 6.1 firmware and it's untethered jailbreak evasi0n, so it's time for an upgrade. Here is an complete noob friendly, step-by-step tutorial with images and video to get the job completed.
- Download the correct iOS 6.1 .IPSW firmware file for your Apple device using the links provided at - http://www.megaleecher.net/Direct_Download_Links_iOS_6.1.
- Make sure you have the current version of Apple iTunes and launch it.
- Before upgrading backup your Apple device using iTunes.
- Once backed up, Shift+Click the Restore button.
- Now, browse for the IPSW restore file downloaded in Step 1 above.
- iTunes will confirm the action and start the restore process.
- Once this process completes, we can restore our backup.
- The iPhone is now successfully upgraded to Apple iOS 6.1.
- Download evasi0n for your platform - Windows, Mac or Linux from - http://www.megaleecher.net/evasi0n_Direct_Download_Link_And_Mirrors.
- Connect your iDevice having Apple iOS version 6.X, and launch evasi0n.
- Once connected device is identified, the Jailbreak button will get enabled. Click it.
- evasi0n will work as shown in the video below.
- After, few minutes evasi0n will ask you to unlock your device and click the "Jailbreak" icon - do that and the process will continue.
- evasi0n will eventually ask you to Exit the application and rest of the process will continue on device with few reboots.
- The on device jail-breaking process might seem to get stuck at "Patching kernel..." stage, just be patient and it will get completed in a few minutes.