How To Create Bootable USB Disk For Seagate SeaTools For DOS
SeaTools is a well known utility from popular HDD manufacturer Seagate, SeaTools free hard drive diagnostic software comes in two flavors one for DOS and other for Windows OS.
While both hard-disk diagnostic tools are excellent, they are different as SeaTools for DOS is more powerful because it is able to access the disks more directly and natively to diagnose the problem correctly. SeaTools for DOS is provided as a standard bootable .ISO CD disk image but since all modern computers support the easier bootable USB medium, here is how to get "SeaTools For DOS Bootable from a USB drive".
- Download SeaTools_Bootable_USB_Kit.zip (Filehosting Mirror's : 8.3 MB) and extract to desktop.
- Double-click Win32DiskImager.exe to launch "Win32 Disk Imager" which we use to create the bootable USB disc.
- Use the "Folder" icon in "Win32 Disk Imager" to browse the "SeaTools.img" file located in same folder.
- Make sure the removable disc is plugged into your computer and you are ready to loose any data on that disk, Click "Write" and let the bootable USB disk creation process start.
- Once completed your removable USB disk should have files like the ones below.
- Have your computer boot from this newly created SeaTools For DOS usb disk and you will launch directly into the interface as shown below.