Windows Language bar provides handwriting and speech recognition functionality in addition to the option of using a second language keyboard layout, most users don't need this feature and if you don't use it you probably want to disable it, but getting rid of Language Bar from Taskbar permanently can be a tough job, no matter how many times you disable, it comes back on next boot.
There are two methods to disable the language bar permanently, just follow the simple instructions as provided next to get rid of this annoying toolbar permanently.
- Click the Arrow button on Language bar in taskbar, and select Settings from the menu.
- Now, click "Language Bar..." button in the Text Services and Input Languages dialog box.
- Uncheck all boxes in the resulting dialog box as shown below.
- Reboot the computer and language bar should be gone now.
Method # 1 should work most of of times but if it doesn't here is a sure-shot method involving un-registering the language bar component.
- Navigate to Start > Run and type Regsvr32.exe /u msimtf.dll in the run dialog and press enter.
- Now, navigate again to Start > Run and type Regsvr32.exe /u msctf.dll and press enter.
- Reboot computer to see changes.