Virus's can get real nasty and make your Operating System unbootable, in such cases the user is left with only two choices either to format and re-install the operating system or to use a bootable anti-virus cleaner for removing the virus infection, obviously the second option is the preferred one, almost all major anti-virus companies provide bootable rescue disk's for removal of such stubborn virus infections, Kaspersky Rescue Disk is one of the best bootable anti-virus rescue disk out there with an fully functional option to download latest anti-virus definitions updates from internet, the free rescue disk GUI is similar to Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 allowing users to remove virus's and malware's via a familiar interface without booting into Windows.
I tried several USB bootable disk creation procedure's but none worked, finally after quite some research I was able to figure out this working method.
- Download Kaspersky Bootable Rescue Disk ISO image from the official FTP site here.
- Download the Gentoo Linux Bootable USB Maker.
- Extract Kaspersky-Bootable-Rescue-Disk.zip downloaded above, and Copy kav_rescue_2008.iso downloaded in step 1 to to the newly extracted GentooUSB folder as shown below.
- Double-click and launch fixgt2.bat and enter the USB drive-letter to format and create bootable disk, pay attention here as entering wrong drive letter will result in OS or Data partition getting wiped out.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and your bootable Kaspersky USB Rescue Disk will be ready in minutes.
To use the bootable USB disk, simply plugin the USB disk and choose USB as the first boot option from system BIOS or use F8 key during BIOS screen for booting options if your motherboard supports it.