Symbian OS v 9.4 With Touch Input Functionality Released To Compete With Apple iPhone And Google Android
Symbian OS v 9.4 (Developer Platform - Series60 5th Edition)is finally released and will be coming with upcoming Nokia 5800 Express touch-screen mobile phone, the new mobile operating system will have support for touch screen control, higher screen resolutions and widescreen mode of viewing, Addition of touch screen capability with support for accelerometers, latest WebKit version, Flash Lite 3 and enhanced multimedia functionality the Symbian OS is once again in race with Apple iPhone and Google Android platforms.
With S60 5th Edition, the user interface is extended by the introduction of touch and with full support for tactile feedback. Enhanced display resolution support and a new Widescreen mode further compliments the touch UI and enables engaging visual experiences. Also, for the first time, the platform includes a framework for the use of advanced sensor technology. This all allows S60 device manufacturers to create innovative new device concepts for a wider range of user segments, while preserving the rich capabilities of the existing software platform.
- Major OS level improvements for faster performance and longer battery life.
- Support for higher resolution displays and 'widescreen' mode.
- Touch panel support with tactile feedback giving a physical signal to the user like buzz/vibrate when an on screen interaction takes place.
- Support for sensors like accelerometers for providing innovative functionality like 'flip to silence' or 'shake to unlock' with support for third party access via APIs.
- APT access to developers access to many features of the S60 platform, including GPS, contacts, calendar, messaging, audio and video.
- All new image and video editors.
Image Credit: AllAboutSymbian