If you managed to forgot your Apple iPod screen-lock passcode combination here is a nifty little hack which allows you to reset the old password saving you from trouble of restoring iPod to factory defaults loosing everything stored in it.
Similar to the iPod Volume Lock PIN reset hack we will need to open iPod file-system and change the file where the device stores its lock settings as shown below:
- Connect your iPod to your computer.
- Make sure you have enabled viewing of Hidden files and folders in Windows Explorer, if not Open Windows Explorer -> Tools (Menu) -> Folder Options -> View -> Show hidden files and folders.
- Open "My Computer" and then double-click your iPod device icon to open its file-system, now navigate to folder "iPod_Control" -> "Device" folder.
- You will see a file named _locked rename this to _unlocked, now to reset the password open the file in notepad and delete all contents in it and save.
- Now, Eject the iPod and reset it.
- Your iPod Screenlock is now disabled.