Numerous forums and blog posts all over internet claim working hack to send free SMS by changing your default service provider SMS message center to some other number, but in reality there is no free lunch and these tricks dont work, I have personally tested these so called free SMS hacks on three different Airtel/BSNL numbers but none worked.
If you still want to give it a try, here is a detailed walkthrough :
- Open your cellphone Message menu and search for Message Settings option, on Nokia phones it will be - Messaging –> Options –>Settings.
- Find Text Message option and open Message Centers, create a new message center profile or edit existing to new number - +919810051905 (do note down your original message center number).
- Now change preferred connection setting from GSM to Packet Data.
- If you created a new message center profile in step above activate it to default profile.
- Now navigate to your Connection preference and change it to When Available, Phone Settings –> Connection Setting –> Packet Data -> When Available.
- Change Access Point setting to Airtel Live!.
- Now, send SMS as usual but prefix a zero before the number.
- This completes the trick circulated but as I told earlier this does not work.
If you have similar trick which works, do post it in comments and you can win a free one month Rapidshare account if found working.
We now have two another options to send free SMS :