Microsoft has announced latest developer tools Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4.0 and is offering first looks for the upcoming next-generation development platforms.
Microsoft plans to change the core structure of Visual Studio development platform and announced that the upcoming 2010 version will integrate Visual Studio Team System development and database components, the upcoming Visual Studio Team System 2010 will deliver new capabilities embracing the needs of all users in the developmental lifecycle – from architects to developers, and project managers to testers.
New functionality in VSTS 2010:
- Discover and identify existing code assets and architecture with the new Architecture Explorer.
- Design and share multiple diagram types, including use case, activity and sequence diagrams.
- One of the most difficult problems has always been that of the bug that can’t be reproduced – the “no repro” bug. There are a lot of factors that drive these types of bugs and we have worked to create tools to isolate the issue and enable faster fixes. VS 2010 will help improve testing efforts with tooling for better documentation of test scenarios and more thorough collection of test data.
- Identify and run only the tests impacted by a code change easily with the new Test Impact View.
- Enhanced version control capabilities including gated check-in, branch visualization and build workflow.
Microsoft will be sharing Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4.0 first look intro videos daily during the week of September 29, 2008 on Channel 9.