All new Yahoo Messenger v 9.0 is now officially launched and can be downloaded for Windows XP and Vista, apart from the new visually appealing interface the software now lets you embed Flickr images, videos, and even maps right in your chat window.
- New Pingbox feature lets you embed a flash chat widget on your social network profiles, blogs, or website and Chat privately with visitors, You can even customize the Pingbox to your taste using various backgrounds, different sizes, colors, greetings etc.
- Three New skins: Silver, Ruby Red, Mystic Black.
- Return of the older original emoticons with addition of new ones.
- Inline video & picture viewer: When a friend sends you a video link from a site like YouTube or a link to an online photo, they will show up right in your IM conversation. For videos, a full player appears; just click the play button to watch it right it in your IM window.
- Import Contacts wizard: easily import contacts from address books of your other online services like Gmail, AOL, Hotmail and Orkut etc., supporting over twenty services in total.
- Call forwarding & new voicemail delivery: Now you can forward incoming calls from Yahoo! Messenger to your mobile or regular phone via Phone Out account, now new voicemails are delivered as MP3 attachments to the email address you specify.
- Yahoo! Games are back: Just click the “Activities” button in the IM window to choose a game to play with a friend.
- Two different views for your contact list – detailed view with larger display images, full status with updates or compact view with smaller images, one-line name and status.
You can download the official online installer stud sizing 423 KB from here which will download and install the software on your computer, or you can get the Yahoo Messenger 9.0 full installer from the direct download links below and install on multiple computers without being online all the time.