pyLoad is an excellent cross-platform download manager with support for one-click file hosters, captcha decoding and excellent web-interface for anywhere remote control over internet.
After installing transmission torrent client on Raspberry Pi, pyLoad is an suitable choice to take of the other downloading needs like handling links from One-Click-hoster's, container formats like DLC, video sites or just plain http/ftp links. Here is an step-by-step guide to get pyLoad installed and working on Raspberry Pi.
With low hardware requirements, division of core and clients making it remotely accessible (via webinterface, command line interface, GUI's, mobile clients) and support for plugin architecture for functionality expansion - pyLoad is an perfect download manager for Raspberry Pi.
Follow the steps below to install and use pyLoad on RasPi as an daemon and controlling it via web-interface :
- Use following commands at terminal to install pyLoad and it's dependencies :
- Now configure pyLoad from command-line using - pyLoadCore -s
- Launch pyLoad using - pyLoadCore at terminal.
- Make sure you configure the web-interface. Once configured, access and control pyLoad by accessing http://RASPiIP:8001/ on default port using your username/password.
- You can also launch pyLoad as an daemon so you dont need to have the terminal window running. To launch pyLoad as an deamon first make sure to quit any running instance by using pyLoadCore --quit and then pyLoadCore --daemon to daemonize it.
sudo wget -O pyload-cli.deb http://get.pyload.org/get/ubuntu-cli
sudo apt-get install python python-pycurl python-crypto unrar tesseract-ocr tesseract-ocr-eng python-imaging spidermonkey-bin
sudo dpkg -i pyload-cli.deb