If you own a 2006 model 30 GB Zune you must have encountered the Zune freeze because of the Y2K9 bug, the bug is quite wide-spread and users are reporting there Zune devices locked-up becoming unusable.
Here is a simple trick to bring you Zune device back to life, just follow the simple steps to get this done.
- Disconnect the device from USB and power source.
- The player should be in frozen state so battery is draining out, let it drain battery until its fully exhausted, your Zune screen should go blank now.
- Wait until after-noon January 1, 2009 GMT.
- Connect Zune to USB or to AC power source let it charge.
- Once the battery is charged, the device will start and work normally.