SocketQ Goes Beyond BlueStacks, Lets Android 4.0 Run Natively On PC
BlueStacks would be the most widely known emulator for running Android on Windows PC, and now there is a new entry to this niche named SocketQ's WindowsAndroid. However, there is a HUGE difference between the two - unlike BlueStacks which uses a virtual environment to host Android in Windows environment, SocketQ's WindowsAndroid is a full native port of Android to MS Windows architecture.
Running Android as an native Windows application allow Android to make use of full hardware and
graphics acceleration with high performance media codecs available to Windows PC. This not only offers higher performance but also integration with Windows’ applications like Flash, Windows Media Player, etc. Do checkout the demonstration video below.
WindowsAndroid is Android running with Windows kernel!
It does not run by a simulator (such as VirtualBox), it's on real machine, so it's fast!
It keeps full Android capabilities. You can run all Andorid apps, including 3D games!
- Full porting keep Android’s all originalities, from UI to Dalvik virtual machine
- High performance make use of Windows OS and hardware performance leverage, such as
graphics hardware acceleration and high performance media codec.
- OS adaption layer (OSAL) between Android and Windows
- Android Framework/External projects porting
- Hardware acceleration for Graphics subsystem
- Dalvik VM porting and optimization
- IPC (binder) porting and optimization
- current ported Android version is 4.0.3r1, new version is being developed
- can run on Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8
- has exactly the same user experience with the original Android2
- Integrated with Windows’ applications, such as Flash、Windows Media
- supports any UI resolution, such as 1920x1080
- supports windowing mode or full-screen mode, window scaling in
windowing mode, and switching between windowing mode and full screen
- supports IO devices such as mouse, keyboard, remote control
- supports Ethernet, pppoe
- High performance Android development tool