Simple Hack To Unlock iPod Volume Limit Without PIN Code
Apple iPod allows setting maximum volume limit with support for PIN code locking to prevent unauthorized changes, However, if you forgot your volume limit unlock code here is a little trick you can use to remove the lock without restoring your iPod.
- Connect your iPod to your computer.
- Make sure you have enabled viewing of Hidden files and folders in Windows Explorer, if not Open Windows Explorer -> Tools (Menu)-> Folder Options -> View -> Show hidden files and folders.
- Open "My Computer" and navigate to folder "iPod_Control" and then go to "Device" folder.
- Delete the file _volumelocked located inside "Device" folder (See image below).
- Now, Eject your iPod and restart it using the instructions provided here.
- You can now change the iPod Volume limit without unlock code by navigating to Settings -> Volume Limit on your device.
Note : As mentioned in the comments, you need to enable "show hidden files" option in Windows explorer to see the folder.