After installing Microsoft Windows 8, the very first thing you should be doing is to activate your copy using an genuine product key. Microsoft Windows 8 activation procedure is similar to Windows 7 and all you need to do is to supply the activation application your correct product key and have an active internet connection.
Microsoft Windows 8 will automatically prompt a user via "Action Center" notification as soon as an active internet connection is detected after installation, all a user needs to do is to follow onscreen instructions (as also shown in images below) and complete the procedure which hardly takes few minutes for online verification of your product key with Microsoft licensing servers. Without activation of Windows 8, users are restricted to use all features of the operating-system like Personalization and are nagged from time-to-time.
- Either click the "Windows Action Center" activation notification or launch manually by moving your cursor to right side of the screen and clicking the "Search" icon as shown below.
- Now, start typing "activation" and click the "Windows Activation" icon from left side search results as shown below.
- Click "Activate with a new key" option.
- Enter your Windows 8 product key and complete the verification.
- If your key is genuine, it will get validated and your Windows 8 copy will be activated unlocking all features.