Just when you thought that you were getting used to your new iPhone 6 or 6 Plus, speculations of two new Apple iPhone models are ripe and as evident from historical timeline of Apple's new product launches the coming fall later this year could be the official announcement for the upgrades - iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
You’re probably wondering how different these two new models will be in comparison to the current top of the range phones. Well, we have the inside scoop, and while nothing is confirmed yet, the following is what believe will be the main differences to the two new phones.
It is thought that in terms of looks, the new devices will not look too dissimilar to the previous ones. However, there should be several great new features that will make you want to trade in your old phone! The main changes that should take place will be around the performance of the new phones, but there are also some other new and fun features that could be added for your enjoyment - check them out here…
- Camera has always been the USP for Apple iPhone and if you enjoy taking photos with your phone, you will be in for a treat with the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus! Apple is rumored to have finally increased the mega pixel count to 12 megapixels so you can look forward to much better quality photographs. In addition to this the new cameras approach DSLR levels, which is great news!
- The two new phones are set to be powered by the brand new Apple A9 processor which will result in a vast improvement in performance. The iPhone 6s and 6s Plus will consume far less power thanks to the new architecture and the fantastic 14nm processor. This is definitely something to look forward to!
- Another contributing factor to the 6s and 6s Plus’s lightning speed performance is due to the fact that it might consist of a whopping 2GB of RAM, as opposed to the meager 1GB of RAM (that’s double!) as used in previous iPhone models.
- If you thought that all this would reduce the battery life, think again! Although the 6s and 6s Plus are not thought to have much larger batteries than previous models, because of the A9 processor and the optimizations in iOS9, it can switch to a low power mode, resulting in longer battery life.
- Just like the entry-level Apple watch, our two new Apple phones are rumored to be constructed from stronger and more sturdy, 700 series aluminum. The housings are therefore stronger than those of the iPhone 6, protecting the hardware of your phone more efficiently.
- Some insiders are saying that the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6 Plus will boast the marvelous features of force touch. This is nothing new as the latest Apple watch already sports this functionality but it is an awesome feature to have nonetheless. By supporting force touch, the new phones will be able to register different amounts of touch pressure and will be able to respond accordingly. We are still uncertain exactly where and how force touch will fit in, in the new software but we are definitely looking forward to seeing how Apple is going to spoil us with this great new feature!