Indian DTH service provider TataSky offers an handy mobile application - "Tata Sky Mobile", for it's DVR set-top box users allowing them to schedule DVR recordings remotely using their smartphones. Sadly, they do not allow application to be launched on jailbroken iOS or rooted Android devices. However, one can easily bypass this restriction as "case in point" the benefit of a jailbroken/rooted device.
- Download and install Flex 2 from Cydia.
- Activate the TataSky "NoJailbreakCheck" Patch.
- Launch the TataSky App to check.
- Use Rootcloak to avoid jailbreak detection.
- Using a root explorer, go to /data/data/com.ryzmedia.tatasky/Shared_prefs
- Open com.ryzmedia.tatasky.xml
- Find the 2 lines and change them as shown below or here - https://gist.github.com/anonymous/30ed206fd875ed015a75
- Save the modified file and launch the TataSky Android App.