I have blogged about how to install Windows 7 as a virtual machine for a risk-free trial, Similarly, if you are willing to try one of the best Linux desktop distro "Ubuntu" without risking your existing Windows install here's a short, simple and easy to use GUI utility to create Ubuntu Live USB with ease.
uSbuntu Live Creator is a free software for Windows allowing users to create bootable USB key with Ubuntu 8.10 on it, and the best part is that the software also offers an exclusive option of automatic virtualization using portable VirtualBox for launching Ubuntu directly in Windows without any configuration or installation.
The software allows users to create bootable USB device from Ubuntu, Kubuntu and Xubuntu via a simple to use single-screen interface, Creating an bootable uSbuntu key is a five easy steps process :
- Launch the uSbuntu Live Creator and choose a USB key or drive in the list (Be very careful while selecting the device, wrong selection can destroy data).
- Select a ISO file or CD of Ubuntu/KubuntuXubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex.
- Choose the size of persistent data (usually more than 250MB).
- Check the options you want (like Windows Virtualization).
- Click the thunder icon to start the bootable USB creation process.