Facebook - the world's biggest social networking website is all set for a major new profile system upgrade, dubbed the "Facebook Timeline" the new profile presentation system allows users to save and share their life timeline easily. Allowing users to "Share" and "Organize" their most memorable posts, photos and life events on their "Facebook Timeline" - the handy feature will let users tell their story from beginning, in-middle, and now.
The new profile display system is currently only available to developers, here are two ways on how to get this feature now officially as well as unofficially.
If you don't need the feature now and can wait for it's official launch, head over to the official "Signup" page at - https://www.facebook.com/about/timeline and click the "Sign Me Up" button.
Another way to get the "Facebook Timeline" feature activated right now is to follow the steps below :
- Goto http://www.facebook.com/developer and click "Allow", if you are already a developer you will need to activate "Open Graph" as shown next.
- Once you have a "Facebook Developer" account you need to make sure you have a working "FB App" with proper namespace and activated "Open Graph" access.
- Now navigate to https://www.facebook.com/developers/ and click "Edit Open Graph" page, once "Open Graph" page opens 'create new action type like "read" a "book" and complete all the steps.
- Within few minutes you will see an invitation to join "Facebook Timeline" on Facebook, make sure you click "Get it now".
- You should now get migrated to the new "Facebook Timeline" profile with following message.