For some unknown reason one of my PC started acting weirdly taking too much time populating the "My Computer" item list, accessing "My Computer" from any dialog or shortcut took a lot of time displaying the standard Windows searching flashlight.
Luckily the fix is pretty easy, just follow the simple procedure described next.
- Click Start and launch Run command.
- Type services.msc and press enter to launch Windows Service Manager.
- Navigate to Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service, Right-click it and select Stop.
- You should also change WIA service startup mode to Manual, keep in mind when this service is disabled no scanner or camera related functionality will be available.
- Your problem should be solved now.