The easiest way to download and install the latest Apple OS X 10.9 Mavericks OS upgrade is to simply visit the Mac Appstore from your Mac and click upgrade, however if you want to perform a clean installation (format the old setup and install fresh) you will need to create a bootable removable disk drive as shown ahead.
We will be using a simple to use GUI application named DiskMaker X to build a bootable disk drive from Mac OS X installation application downloaded from Apple Macstore (or any other source). As soon as you launch DiskMaker X, the application automatically finds the OS X Install program and proposes to build a DVD or create a bootable install disk as instructed below.
- Download the OS X 10.9 installer from any one of the links provided at - http://www.megaleecher.net/install_osx_mavericks.app.dmg#links. Extract the "Install OS X Mavericks" on desktop.
- Download the Diskmaker X application from - http://liondiskmaker.com/?page_id=27, and launch it.
- When started Diskmaker X will prompt you to download the latest "OS X" version which we have already done in step one above, so click "not Now".
- Simply follow the on-screen instructions now to complete the process.
- Using the created bootable media you can clean format and upgrade to OS X 10.9 Mavericks.