If you have not tried Internet Explorer 8 Final yet I strongly urge you to do so, the new feature packed browser is considerably faster then earlier versions rendering pages perfectly, while every IE8 user knows about new features like InPrivate browsing, webslices etc. very few know about InPrivate Filters a smart content blocking functionality which can be used to block advertisements in Internet Explorer 8, Once activated from statusbar or shortcut key - CTRL+SHIFT+F smart InPrivate Filter automatically learns, detects and blocks common repeated-content from ad-servers appearing on websites you visit.
The best thing about InPrivate Filter is that you can easily manage the block list and even import filtering patterns similar to ad-blocker.
To block most common ad-servers simply follow the instructions below to import ad-server blocking pattern file into InPrivate Filter.
- Download and save this InPrivate Filter pattern file to your desktop.
- Open Internet Explorer and navigate to Tools -> Internet Options, now select Programs tab and click on Manage Add-ons button.
- Now click InPrivate Filtering and select Import button.
- Navigate to desktop and select ie8_inprivate_ad_filter.xml file downloaded in Step 1 earlier, IE will acknowledge the successful import.
- Your filter-list is now populated with patterns to block most advertisement servers.