If you are receiving "Unable to open. Theme Corrupted." error message on your Symbian powered Nokia phones while trying to preview or apply an theme, the reason could be theme data or memory-card corruption, in such situation chances are you wont be able to uninstall the corrupted theme via Symbian Application Manager, the only solution one can think of is to format the phone or memory-card to get rid of the problem, but here is a neat solution which can get the job done by selectively removing the corrupted themes.
Instructions below are tested to be working on Nokia 6110 Navigator and should work on all Symbian S60 series devices:
- Connect your phone to computer in Mass Storage Mode or use an card-reader to read the memory card.
- Now navigate to \private\10207114\import folder in your Memory Card.
- All these folders with cryptic names corresponds to themes installed on your device.
- You can delete all these folders removing all installed themes or can open each folder looking for the corrupted theme name and selectively deleting its folder.
- After deleting, eject the card/phone and restart phone to see changes.
Related # If you are receiving certificate error while trying to install themes and applications, you can use a simple hack as written about here.