After introducing browser extension in Opera 11 Alpha the new Opera 11 Beta build is out now adding another major functionality labelled "Tab Stacking". The new functionality is basically a tab-grouping feature allowing users to stack their tabs, grouping them by site or by theme reducing clutter making it easier to identify and work with sets of open tabs.
A video demonstration with other new features and improvements is posted after the jump.
- Mouse gestures - In Opera 11, a new visual interface highlights mouse paths and helps guide the discovery, use and mastery of these powerful shortcuts.
- The address field now hides unnecessary information and puts the security status of each page front and center. Now, badges explain the security state of the site, giving consumers clear information about the sites they visit.
- Plug-ins can be set to load on-demand. This can give as much as 30 percent performance improvement.
- Extensions and Opera Unite applications are updated automatically through Opera’s update mechanism.
- Even more work has been done to boost browsing speed, particularly for Linux. Opera 11 for Linux is 15 to 20 percent faster on common benchmarks than Opera 10.63.
- Bookmarks are just a click away thanks to a new bookmarks bar that replaces Opera’s personal bar.