Google has announced public release of their web traffic analysis software Urchin Beta for download as a 90 day evaluation version, the software provides functions similar to the free Google Analytics service but Urchin can be installed and managed on your own servers, Google warned that the beta software "should only be used for evaluation purposes," and is not recommended for production environment.
Urchin can be used on servers having content behind a security firewall or having restrictions which does not allow use of Google Analytics.
Urchin Software from Google features the following upgrades from Urchin 5, among many others:
• More accurate geo-identification of visitors
• Cross-segmentation options similar to Google Analytics
• E-commerce and campaign tracking included (no longer requiring additional modules)
• Vastly improved embedded scheduler to more easily manage processing and re-processing jobs
• Improved user interface
• More robust log processing engine
Supported Operating Systems:
* FreeBSD 4
* FreeBSD 5.3+
* FreeBSD 6
* Linux with 2.4 or 2.6 kernel
* Windows: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server (Vista not supported)