After a long wait I finally received my Google Voice invite but it refused to activate from outside USA throwing the error below, this error can be easily bypassed using an USA proxy but it further needed an USA local phone number to confirm the activation.
To get past the local phone number confirmation all you need to do is to grab a free USA incoming number as discussed in earlier post and use it to activate your Google Voice account outside America, you can find the detailed procedure ahead.
- Get an free USA incoming number and configure it to receive calls as described in earlier post.
- Use an USA proxy or VPN to open the Google Voice invite activation link in your web-browser, if you tried earlier delete your cookies or use another browser.
- Login using your Google account and you will see activation wizard as below.
- You can search for numbers of your choice, after selecting a number click Continue, you will now need to enter a PIN code.
- Now, you will get prompted for a USA phone number where you can receive the call and confirm your account.
- Enter the US phone number you reserved in Step 4 from the earlier post and click Continue.
- Click Call Me Now and you should receive the call on your desktop softphone.
- "Accept" the call.
- Now activate the Keypad/Dialpad as you need to dial your confirmation code.
- Use the dialpad to enter the two digit confirmation code asked for in Step 7 above.
- Congratulations, your account should now be activated.