While Google Android is eating away the Apple iOS dinner as it's already surpassed the gross usage numbers and new Android mobile-os powered devices are popping-out almost a few weeks, as not-expected Apple has let down it's fans by just releasing a not-so-major successor to company's flagship mobile phone "iPhone 4" - named "Apple iPhone 4S". As everybody was eagerly awaiting a brand new, feature rich "Apple iPhone 5" the rumors are now put to a rest as Apple's new phone (Apple iPhone 4S) is now officially unveiled and there is no iPhone 5 for the time-being.
Complete specifications of new Apple iPhone 4S with features, images, rates, availability, and videos posted after the jump.
- All new dual-core Apple A5 chip, this chip powers the current generation "Apple iPad 2" devices and offers upto 7 times faster graphics performance (see video below).
- 8 megapixel camera coupled with new optics and face-detection feature.
- Full-HD 1080p video capture with new video stabilization feature.
- iOS 5 with 200 new features.
- iCloud (see video below)
- Siri intelligent voice personal assistant (see video below)
- Now a "world-phone" with compatibility to both GSM and CDMA networks.
- iPhone 4S will be available in USA from October 14 with pre-orders starting from October 7. Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, and the UK will get the iPhone 4S from October 14, and 22 more countries by the end of October including Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark,Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands,Norway, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
- iPhone 4S will be available in USA for $199 for 8GB, $299 for 16GB, and $399 for 32GB variant, the phone will be under a carrier-locked state with AT&T or Verizon Wireless networks..