Free Windows utility Fences provide a great elegant way to get your desktop icons organized, however if you are looking for a more eye-candy rich solution - sliding dock launcher like SliderDock will do the trick.
SliderDock provides Windows user with an easy to use and configure ring-shaped application launcher dock, to get started all you need to do is to drag-and-drop icons to access them later, just rotate your mouse wheel and let the icons come to you.
* Simple drag and drop function to add an icon
* quickly launch an application
* use the mouse wheel to let the icons come to you
* multiple rings to allow you to group the icons any way you wish
* smooth animations during icons rotation
* support drag and drop of virtual folder such as "my computer" and "recycle bin"
* Highlight effect around selected icon
* customizable icons(compatible with objectdock and rocketdock icons)
* Hide/Unhide application with the use of a shortcut key
* Possibility to control the dock with keyboard shortcuts.
* Different set of icons and configuration for each user.
* Reordering icons through simple drag and drop feature.
* Fully Customizable.
* Shader Effects when the mouse enter an icon.
* low memory footprint when hidden
* advance portable mode included.
* easy to use.