Switching from Android to iPhone or from iPhone to Android is a harrowing process for most people. The two devices are notorious for being highly incompatible with each other. As such, people often wonder how to transfer data from Android to iPhone efficiently.
What you need is a consolidated one-stop solution to perform an iPhone to Android transfer of data (or vice versa). That’s what this article is all about. We’ll give you an overview of the most effective and easiest solution to transfer Android to iPhone.
The most effective and consolidated solution transfer Android to iPhone is to use a powerful tool called dr.fone — Switch.
dr.fone — Switch is the world’s first application that provides a complete suite of features by which you can transfer every single piece of data from Android to iPhone or vice versa. You no longer have to transfer data piece by piece. This is a consolidated 1-click solution to perform an iPhone to Android transfer.
Consolidated 1-Click Solution to Perform iPhone to Android Transfer
- Transfer all your contacts from Android to iPhone.
- Can transfer data from any Android phones — HTC, Samsung, Nokia, Motorola, etc — to any iPhone model.
- Completely compatible with all major providers like AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile.
- Compatible with all Windows and Mac OS versions.
- Compatible with all Android and iOS versions.
In the following steps, I’ll show you how to transfer data from android to iPhone quickly and efficiently.
Step 1: Launch the dr.fone Application
- Download and launch dr.fone — Switch in your computer.
- Connect both your Android Phone and your iPhone to the computer using two separate USB cables.
- dr.fone will automatically detect the phones.
Step 2: Select “Switch”
- From the main menu, select the “Switch” icon.
- You’ll find a window with both your Android phone and your iPhone placed side to side. The one on the left is the Source phone, and the one on the right is the Destination. You can use the ‘Flip’ button to alternate their positions.
Step 3: iPhone to Android Transfer of Data
- You’ll be able to see a list of the different kinds of data available in the Source phone. Select the options that you want to migrate into your destination phone and then click “Start Transfer”.
- Now you’ll be able to see a progress of the migration of all your iPhone data to your Android or vice versa. Once the files are transferred, you’ll get a “Success” message.
With these simple steps, you would have successfully performed an iPhone to Android transfer of data.
Transferring data from Android to iPhone is extremely simple and convenient. However, you have to pay for the application. If you want a free method of transferring data from Android to iPhone, you can go through the following options.
1. Transfer contacts from Android to iPhone
If you want to migrate your contacts from Android to iPhone, you can save all of your contacts on the Android phone’s SD card and upload them into your online Google or Yahoo! accounts. Later, when you set up your iPhone, connect to your Google or Yahoo! account and import all the contacts into your iPhone.
The following steps will show you how it’s done:
- Go to Contacts > Import/Export.
- Click on the ‘Export to USB Storage’ option to save all the contacts into your SD card.
- Connect your Android phone to your computer and save the vCard file to your computer./li>
- Go to your Gmail or Yahoo! account. Select the Contacts option, click on ‘Import’, and select the vCard file you saved in the previous step. All your contacts will now be uploaded to your mail.
- When you’re setting up your iPhone later, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Google. Once you’ve set up your Google account, all your contacts will get imported into your iPhone.
- In order to transfer all your notes, calendar information, etc to your iPhone, just follow these steps:
In your Android phone, go to Settings > Account > Gmail > Sync Calendars. Once you select the ‘Sync Now’ option, all of your calendar information will get saved in your Gmail account.
- When you’re setting up your iPhone later, you have to follow the same process as the one mentioned earlier. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Google. Setting up your Google account will automatically import all your Calendar information to your iPhone. However, you have to toggle on the ‘Calendars’ and ‘Notes’ options.
The following steps will show you how to transfer media files from Android to iPhone.
- Connect your Android phone to your computer and save all your media files (photos, music, videos) in separate folders.
- Install iTunes and then go to File > Add Folder to Library. Now you can select all the files that you want to import into the iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and let iTunes detect it.
- Select your iPhone device, and then click on Music > Sync Music. This will help you transfer all your music files to your iPhone.
- To transfer the video files, you’ll have to select the ‘Movies, TV Shows’ option instead of the ‘Music’ option.
- For the pictures, go to the Photos > Sync Photos option. Now select the photo folder that you want to transfer and click on ‘Apply.’
If you want to get all your Android apps into your iPhone, you simply have to download them from the App Store. Unfortunately, all Android apps don’t have an iPhone version as well. However, most Android apps will have an iOS version. You simply have to create a list of all your apps, and then type their name in your iPhone’s App Store. If they’re available, you can “Get” them.
If you want to preserve all your documents such as Word, PDF, etc, you can use an online hosting service like Dropbox. Create an account and then upload all your documents into Dropbox. Later, when you set up your iPhone, you can access your Dropbox folder and download all the files into your iPhone.
I hope you now have a strong understanding of how to transfer Android to iPhone. We have shown you several free methods of performing an iPhone to Android transfer. However, it’s clear that the most efficient and easiest method is to use dr.fone — Switch.