If you are finding it difficult to share a printer on your Microsoft Windows 7 PC with other computers on the network here is a simple guide to make things working, configuring Windows 7 security settings as described below will let you share printers from any operating system on the network without requiring a username and password.
The most common reason for windows 7 printer sharing not working problem is that Windows 7 requires you to enter a username and password to provide access, you can simply bypass this requirement my tweaking settings as described below.
- Launch Windows 7 Control Panel
- Navigate to Network and Sharing Center
- Click Change advanced sharing settings link as shown below.
- Scroll down and make sure File and Printer sharing option is turned on.
- Scroll down further below and select Turn off password protection option from Password protected sharing setting.
- Click Save changes button to save the new configuration and close the page.
Once this is done you can add the Windows 7 printer from any computer running any operating-system (Linux, Mac, Windows XP/Vista etc.) as usual.