Yu is the brand-name given to a new line of products by Micromax aimed to counter the competition from likes of Xiaomi (Mi Vs Yu!!), the first smartphone of the series Yu Yureka offered a great combination of hardware and software (CyanogenMod) at an very affordable price. The handset recently got an update to Google Android 5 Lolipop (CyanogenMod 12), everything worked ok but it seems it introduced a bug which would result in blank screen when waked-up from lock-screen or after a reboot and also during calls. Here is how you can fix both issues - the black screen during the call and the blank screen after reboot or wake-up.
- The problem is caused by the Proximity Senor of the phone. A manual calibration of the proximity sensor would fix the issue.
- To fix, Open the DialPad on your phone, Dial , In the proximity calibration screen, tap on Start.
- Wait a few seconds to let it collect data, it should now show Calibration Good (in green).
- Tap Exit and you’re done.
- Apart from this fix also make sure there is no dust or screen protector covering the Proximity Sensor.
- The problem is caused by the incompatibility of "Adaptive Brightness" and "Color Enhancement" features.
- Just swipe down from top of the screen and slide the Brightness slider towards "right" and the display should come back.
- Now, navigate to "Settings->Display & lights" and "Turn Off" - Adaptive brightness and Color Enhnacment features as shown below.
- This will fix the issue for you.
Do share your own experiences with these fixes in the comment section below.