The wait is finally over as Steve Jobs revealed the next generation iPhone yesterday at WWDC 2010, named "iPhone 4" the new phone from Apple features improved hardware and software combination which looks pretty impressive. The new iPhone features Apple iPhone OS 4.0 now called iOS 4 having tons of new features and API's for developers.
- Apple A4 processor.
- Retina Display - 3.5-inch multitouch screen with resolution of 960?×?640 pixels having and four times as many pixels as the current iPhone 3GS' display.
- 5 megapixel camera with LED flash and higher ISO to take better photos and video in low light conditions.
- Additional VGA resolution video conference camera in front.
- Gyroscope - All 3-axis movement tracker, capable of detecting pitch, roll, and yaw. Couple with the accelerometer and the phone has now 6-axis motion sensing.
- Additional microphone on the top used for noise cancellation.
- A bigger battery which provides 40% more power than earlier versions.
- New stainless-steel sleek design, now the thinnest smartphone around.
- Selective Multi-tasking.
- Apple's Retina display feature for resolution independence meaning applications will automatically get scaled for the new resolution without pixelation.
- All new Apple FaceTime video calling, currently works only over Wi-Fi.
- iMovie for iPhone.
- and much more.
The new iPhone 4 will be made available in usual two colors (black and white) priced at $199 for the 16GB model, and $299 for the 32GB model in USA. The phone will be on sale from June 24th with pre-orders starting June 15th, the initial rollout will start shipping in 5 countries including – US, UK, France, Germany and Japan. 19 other countries will get the phone in July 2010. Altough not officially announced by Apple, Vodafone India has blown the whistle that it will be releasing iPhone 4 in India and expects to bring it by next month.